Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Now There's a Thought ........




Manipulating the fabric first sounds a good idea. It would then speak itself as to what to do next. Perhaps I'll play with my new foot, the pintuck. That would then give the surface some texture and create a surface for embellishment. Mind you what I had proposed to use was some silk and I'm not sure about painting silk. Perhaps if I just painted/dyed some fabric the colours I wanted it might be better??? I haven't got any Indian symbols but I'm sure if I google it I can come up with something and then make a stamp from something. Hmm, thats a job for tomorrow.

The picture above is a piece I have ironed on some painted bondaweb. Have done a bit of needlefelting and come to a halt. The bondaweb painting was OK but it seems to be lifting a bit off the fabric. Need to do some more embellishing and machine quilting .


No comments: